Monday, February 1, 2010

Isn't it funny when girls try to do stuff?

Thank you Mystery Science Theater 3000. 

Danica Patrick will be driving a limited season in the Nationwide Series for Jr. Motorsports.  So? I'm am not excited, but rather miffed. 

There is so much talent out there why bother with Danica Patrick? Please remember that this blog is my personal, unsolicited, musings about NASCAR. NASCAR is a family sport. Have you seen her Go Daddy commercials? I'm not sure I would want my children rooting for someone who is willing to shake her "money makers" in the face of a fellow anatomically blessed female. 


I, and several fellow Twitter Fans, enjoyed watching a young female racer by the name of Chrissy Wallace. She raced cleanly, and finished on the lead lap, if memory serves. She comes from a well known racing family so it is safe to assume she has had the proper training and mentoring. 


I'm not saying that women should not be allowed to drive in NASCAR. I'm saying that this is not the talent portion of the Miss _______________________ Pageant. (You fill in the blank) Use the talent that is already putting the time and effort in to learning how to participate in this sport safely and successfully. Thank goodness no one reads this.


Isn't it funny when girls try to do stuff? 

No comments:

Post a Comment